Yūji Terajima (寺嶋 裕二, born 10 May 1974) is a Japanese manga artist. He is the writer and illustrator of the baseball manga, Diamond no Ace (Daiya no A).
Previously, he worked as an assistant under Rando Ayamine on the manga serial "Get Backers".
- His inspiration about a “battery” was from the manga “Battery” and “Ookiku Furikabutte” and maybe from Nomura Katsuya’s point of view too, so Miyuki was born from this inspiration.
- He wanted Furuya to be the anti-pole of Sawamura.
- He tried to put just 2~3 strong and outstanding characters for each team except Inajitsu and Yakushi’s teams, to make him decide how to end the match easier, because if everyone in the team are strong, the match will take longer and longer time before it ends.
- He takes photo of himself or his assistants, and also uses the photographs of baseball players as the reference.
- He had originally planned to end the manga with the Fall Tournament Arc.
- In an interview, he described Act II as the Second-year Sawamura Arc.