|“||Sadly I'm used to being hit, so I'm not scared!||”|
— Kanemaru in Party Boys
Kanemaru has blonde cropped hair and brown eyes. He has distinctive features and often knits his eyebrows, which is why he looks grumpy most of the time.
He is self-confident and often behaves in a somewhat arrogant manner. Nevertheless his class- and teammates see him literally as the epitome of a 'big brother'. He looks out for everyone, as shown in the show when he is watching over Sawamura. During the series it's stated multiple times that he is good at taking care of others.
Kanemaru isn't the type to be openly bitter about things when it comes to his place on the baseball team. At the beginning of the series, when Kanemaru wasn't a first string player, he even encouraged his teammates to do well in his place. Kanemaru evolves to the so-called leader of the first years.
He took it upon himself to take care after the new first years. As strict as he naturally is, Sawamura calls him "supervisor from hell", but everyone is pleased of how smoothly he can pep talk the kouhais.
Relationships with other charactersEdit
At the beginning of the series, Kanemaru didn’t recognise Sawamura as a member of the team. He disliked him, thinking he is all talk, but he eventually acknowledges him. As a classmate, Kanemaru is the one helping Sawamura with his studies to which Sawamura is grateful for, especially after he passed the final exams before the start of the Summer Tournament. As teammate, Kanemaru often stands in the batters box when Sawamura practice his pitches. He voluntarily helped out and thus was a great help when Sawamura suffered from the yips. He is rather strict during study- and training sessions and doesn't sugarcoat his words, because he wants Sawamura to discover his problems and mistakes as fast and simply as possible and keep on improving.
In junior high, Kanemaru was on the same baseball team as Tojou. The two appear to get along well. Toujou seems to like giving impromptu nicknames to Kanemaru, like "the party boy is showing up" during their match against Yakushi.
Kanemaru was Chris's roommate. He initially took on the responsibility of helping Chris with assuring that Sawamura kept his grades up so that he could remain on the team since he was in the same class as Sawamura. Later he began assisting Chris by standing in as batter for the battery's pitching practice sessions particularly after Sawamura fell victim to the yips and a stand-in batter was necessary to get him confident with pitching to the inside again.
Takatsu is one of Kanemaru's year mate. He and Kanemaru appear to have a hostile relationship with one another. As noted by Toujou the two seem to never get along. 
After getting into the first string, Kanemaru wants to remain as a first string player, and thus never slacks off in practice. He’s the type of person that knows that practice doesn't lie.
Kanemaru is very good with batting fastballs - even as strong as Furuya's. He looks to be good in clutch situations, but he is not always a starter.
This data is based on the official guidebook, it will only be changed if there is an official update!
You are free to write about the characters improvements in the Skills section above!
- Favorite Food: Cheeseburger
- Favorite Subject: English
- He has respect for his father.
- He was the roommate of Chris Yu Takigawa.
- His hobby is music appreciation (lots of western music because of his father’s influence).
- His favorite artists are "The Strokes" and "The Libertines".
- His first official match is the match against Nanamori Gakuen (2nd round of of the Fall Tokyo Regional). 
- He calls Sawamura "Wamura". 
- In his second year he is in the same class as Sawamura Eijun, Furuya Satoru, and Yoshikawa Haruno.
- His first hit, when he was on the starting lineup for the first time, was also his very first RBI.
- Kanemaru (金丸) - Money Circle
- Shinji (信二) - Faithful Second (son)
- "You aren't just the representative for the baseball club. You're a representative for all of us first-years." - to Sawamura 
- "He threw without hestitation. Right toward the coach's chest. What kind of heart does he have?" - about Sawamura
- "Deal with it, like a man!" about Sawamura 
- "Read faster, cause it's my turn to borrow it next. And your face has spoilers all over it!!" - to Sawamura 
- "Sadly I'm used to being hit, so I'm not scared." - about Sawamura's pitching 
- "You are such a man, Kanemaru." - Kariba 
- "First and foremost, you’re stupid. You’re too emotional. Your pitch is slow. Your control isn’t very good yet. You try to hide it by sounding excited. You can’t do pick-offs. You get too carried away in class." - to Sawamura 
- "Kanemaru, hear me out!" - "It's all you fault." - "But I didn't say anything yet!"
|Seidou High School|
|Miyuki Kazuya • Maezono Kenta • Kuramochi Yōichi • Kawakami Norifumi • Asou Takeru • Nakata Ataru • Ono Hiroshi • Higasa Shōji • Seki Naomichi • Yamaguchi Ken • Kijima Rei • Kawashima Kengo • Shirasu Kenjirō • Mimura Ryōta • Watanabe Hisashi|
|Sawamura Eijun• Furuya Satoru • Kominato Haruichi• Kanemaru Shinji • Tōjō Hideaki • Kaneda Tadahiro|
|Yui Kaoru• Yūki Masashi • Okumura Kōshū• Mogami Takeshi • Asada Hirofumi • Seto Takuma • Kuki Yōhei
|Former players||Yūki Tetsuya • Tanba Kōichirō• Kominato Ryōsuke• Masuko Tōru• Isashiki Jun • Miyauchi Keisuke • Sakai Ichirō • Kadota Masaaki • Kusunoki Fumiya • Takigawa Chris Yū • Azuma Kiyokuni
|Managers||Fujiwara Takako • Umemoto Sachiko• Natsukawa Yui• Yoshikawa Haruno
|Staff||Kataoka Tesshin • Ochiai Hiromitsu • Takashima Rei • Kazuyoshi Oota|